What Kind Of Tuna Is This

Cramzzz

Theres been a few of the frigates around the hacking 2.

seeing schools of younger ones zooming around is a good sign. they look unreal in the water when there chasing baitfish

good fun to catch and makes good bait 2

Mackerel Tuna - Description

"The Mackerel Tuna is a silver fish with a distinctive pattern of broken diagonal stripes on the upper sides of the body and two or five dark spots above the pelvic fin."

post-4381-127241331931_thumb.jpg

Frigate Mackerel - Description

"The Frigate Mackerel is a small torpedo-shaped fish. It has a dark blue metallic back with fifteen or more narrow oblique wavy lines above the lateral line that commence under the first dorsal fin, and a white belly. Frigate mackerel has a very small second dorsal fin that is followed by eight finlets."

Cheers

Peter

The other day me and my brother were flicking some plastics near the mouth of the Lane Cove River.

After a couple of fish each we were about to leave and this Mack Tuna throws itself up this little rock channel

in pursuit of bait fish I assume. Well it found itself a somewhere between a rock and a hard place and unable

to turn around or reverse. It began to thrash in the shallows so we just grabbed it with our bare hands. We tried

to return it to the water but it just died as soon as it hit the water. So we kept it for strip baits. It was bizzare:

the species, location, and scenario but a welcome occurrence nonetheless. I'm sure it was a Mack Tuna thanks to the above post.

Tight lines

Mike