Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this week announced that it will be opening its fifth retail store in South Korea on Friday, March 31 at 5 p.m. local time. The new store will be located in the central Gangnam district of Seoul, the capital city of South Korea.

Apple-Gangnam-Wallpaper.jpeg

To celebrate the occasion, Apple has made a special wallpaper for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac available to download on the store's page. The Apple Gangnam wallpaper has a black background with an Apple logo in a unique style.

The new store will offer typical Apple Store services, ranging from Genius Bar appointments for product repairs to Today at Apple creative sessions.

Apple Gangnam is Apple's first new retail store to open since Apple American Dream opened in New Jersey in December. Apple operates over 520 retail stores around the world, including four other locations in Seoul.

Apple's retail chief Deirdre O'Brien shared an animated version of the Apple logo on Instagram.

Article Link: Apple Shares Stylish Wallpaper to Celebrate New Gangnam Store in South Korea

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sorgo †

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Link to the images please... don't read Korean very well.
Use Safari's translation feature... ;) (Or just click on the text next to the image showing the wallpaper on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad.)

Looks like you need to do it on whatever device you want the wallpaper for. (i.e. If you want the version for your iPhone...access and download it using your iPhone. If you do it on the Mac, it'll give you the Mac/desktop version.)

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Use Safari's translation feature... ;) (Or just click on the text next to the image showing the wallpaper on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad.)

Looks like you need to do it on whatever device you want the wallpaper for. (i.e. If you want the version for your iPhone...access and download it using your iPhone. If you do it on the Mac, it'll give you the Mac/desktop version.)
I don't think so, I downloaded it to Photos on my 12.9 iPad and it looks fine on my iPhone. I even tried downloading on each device and it looks no different.
Update: @Weaselboy and @iStorm are correct on different downloads for different devices..

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I don't think so, I downloaded it to Photos on my 12.9 iPad and it looks fine on my iPhone. I even tried downloading on each device and it looks no different
I downloaded it from my Mac and I got a desktop rectangle sized wallpaper, and using the same link on my iPhone I got a portrait shaped iPhone wallpaper version (attached), so it does seem to give you the image for whatever device you are on. At least it did for me.

Attachments

• gangnam wallpaper.jpeg
    gangnam wallpaper.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 122

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
Hidden, invisible
No, where? (Hey!) No, it's gone. (Hey!)
Hidden, invisible
No, where? (Hey!) No, it's gone. (Hey!)
Let's search that screen!

Oppa Apple Style
Apple Style
Op, op, op, op, oppa Apple Style
Apple Style
Flat gray icon
Flat gray icon
Op, op, op, op, on on on on

Reactions: ToxicBlue

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I downloaded it from my Mac and I got a desktop rectangle sized wallpaper, and using the same link on my iPhone I got a portrait shaped iPhone wallpaper version (attached), so it does seem to give you the image for whatever device you are on. At least it did for me.
Interesting. I saved the pic you provided and it doesn't work well on my iPad but works fine on my iPhone so your correct. When I use the one I saved on my iPad it works fine on either device. Of course I'm pinching, cropping and moving the both images on the iPhone so maybe that's why I'm confusing the issue

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Interesting. I saved the pic you provided and it doesn't work well on my iPad but works fine on my iPhone so your correct. When I use the one I saved on my iPad it works fine on either device. Of course I'm pinching, cropping and moving the both images on the iPhone so maybe that's why I'm confusing the issue
Yep, if you look at the link you provided, it has "iPad_Wallpaper" in it.

This is the link I get when doing it from my iPhone:

...and from my MBP:

Reactions: P K
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.