Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adaptable charger voltage for Clevo D901C laptop

Hello everyone,
    Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me. Sorry for the quality of my English, I had to use a translator at times...

I bought a functional Clevo D901C (Sager NP 92261) with its battery but without its power supply.
    So, I invested in a new LiteOn charger, advertised by an online seller as the right charger for my machine... BUT, according to the pinout (4pin + shell) of the charger, 1 and 2 are 20V / and 3 and 4 are grounded. When I measure pin 4 with the ground of the PC, I have 300kOhms, which seems to be confirmed by the electrical diagram (Pin 4 = AC5V-IN).
    Can you confirm that the charger is not the correct one and that it is not my machine at fault? Does anyone have an idea of the correct electrical voltages for the 4 pins of the charger and its role?
    Attached, a piece of the electrical diagram and pinout of the charger.
    Attached Files

Re: Adaptable charger voltage for Clevo D901C laptop

up

Comment

Regarding the schematic of the motherboard, Pin 1 2 is the main +20V, Pin is the Ground (GND), and Pin 4 is for the adapter ID/IN supply for the charging IC and the SIO.

Comment

Thank you Techtiger for your response. Do you think that if I plug in a Dell 230W charger, with its ID pin on Pin 4, it could work or would it be dangerous?

Comment

Originally posted by HERETIK10 View Post
          Thank you Techtiger for your response. Do you think that if I plug in a Dell 230W charger, with its ID pin on Pin 4, it could work or would it be dangerous?
          It dipped on the platform some of the charges middle pin output a higher voltage.when connected the Mob the supply will reduce according the charging IC /SIO Chip 0V -3V , what is the voltage in the middle pin with out connecting to the Mob ? Upload the schematic in the schematic section

Comment

Thanks again Techtiger for your response. I just posted the schematic :
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...62#post1289562
            On the other hand, I tried several translators but I didn't understand what you want me to measure (PS I'm French).

Comment

What is the supply voltage once connected to the adapter to the motherboard? Pin 4 is supposed to be 5V. After that, the voltage goes through Divider PR137 PR138, and the voltage will reduce up to 3V. The signal will change the name as AC_IN 13 to SIO chip pin 53. What voltage do you have on U2 IC pins 1, 2, 3, 4? Q36, Q35, pins 1, 8, and 4? Be careful when testing it with a multimeter
              Last edited by Techtiger; 11-13-2023, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your response Techtiger, I will have to motivate myself to open the PC... But I do not understand anything anymore. I contacted CLEVO after-sales service and they just answered me. They gave me the exact part numbers of the charger (as well as the schematic which is the same), and there is no pin for ID. In the photo of the charger they sent me, you can clearly see pin 1 and 2 in 20 volts; 3 and 4 to ground. But of course it doesn't work with my PC whose charger goes into safety mode.

Comment

You have two options: either send it to a repair shop or disassemble the laptop and give it a try. If you choose to disassemble the laptop, make sure to keep a trace of all the parts you remove, take photos, and document the process carefully and reply for post #7

Comment

Thank you very much Techtiger for the time you took to help me. I'll come back when I can diagnose the machine.

Comment

Problem solved. It was the new charger that was defective! As soon as we put a load on it, it goes into safety... I took the entire PC apart. I confirm that there is no ID pin, just +20V and ground.

Comment

Working...
                      X